Who is keen for some savory breakfast muffins?! Ditch the sweetness of your typical breakfast berry in exchange for something totally different, and totally savory.
Savory Pesto Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste)
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dairy free pesto plus extra (optional)
- 1/2 cup of vegan cream cheese or soy yogurt or unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup water or plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir together gluten free flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir 1/2 cup of pesto in the onion and garlic mix, add yogurt (or cream cheese or apple sauce), water (or plant based milk) and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the pesto muffins mixture to the muffin tins. Add optional extra dollop of pesto on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving. Enjoy!