These raw mint sandwich cookies combine peppermint, matcha, and chocolate. Raw pecans give these treats a buttery taste, while dates and cacao add the ideal amount of sweetness and rich chocolate flavor to the cookie layer. We've even provided two options for filling: a coconut butter based creme, or a banana and almond milk ice cream filling. Either way, they're amazing!
Raw Matcha Mint Oreos [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup pecans, ground into meal
- 1/2 cup cashews, ground into meal
- 1/3 cup buckwheat, ground into flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 6-7 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt, to taste
For Creme Filling:
- 3/4 cup coconut butter, warmed
- Maple Syrup, or sweetener of choice
- A few drops of peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (optional)
For Ice Cream Filling:
- 3 bananas, frozen and sliced
- A few of drops of peppermint extract
- A splash of non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder, optional
- A handful of cacao nibs for mint-chip ice cream
To Make the Cookies:
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor, until “dough” starts clumping into a large ball. Take dough from food processor, smoosh into one large ball and place in the refrigerator in a covered container while you make the creme filling. If making the ice cream filling, allow the dough to set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, then roll out the dough and cut into circles before making the ice cream.
- Take the dough out and lay on top of a sheet of parchment paper. Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin or wine bottle to roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out rounds with a cookie cutter. Gather the scraps and roll out again until you’ve used up all the dough. Lay rounds on a parchment paper-lined cookie tray and pop in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
To Make the Creme Filling:
- Stir all of the ingredients together, adding sweetener and peppermint a little at a time until you reach the desired sweetness and minty-ness.
To Make the Ice Cream Filling:
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until it just reaches a smooth, soft-serve ice cream texture. Don’t over-blend or it will become too soft.