There is a saying that goes, if you build it, they will come.My philosophy with my children and healthy eating is that – If you cook it, they will learn.
Quinoa and Chickpea Salad With Lime and Cilantro [Vegan]
Serves4 - 6
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (preferably, homecooked with no salt)
- 1 cup (about 1 large seedless english cucumber), diced cucumber
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup minced, fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 11/2 fresh limes
- Place the chickpeas in the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the cucumber, red onion and tomato and stir well.
- Add in the cilantro and mint and stir in the quinoa.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in the salt, red cayenne pepper, extra-virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and mix well.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and let the salad rest for 15 minutes before serving.