This zucchini bread is super easy to make and nutrition-packed! It contains almonds, flaxseeds, coconut oil, and of course, zucchini! This no-sugar-added version may not as sweet as some other zucchini breads but it is still rich with flavor. Pair this bread with your favorite spread as a snack, or combine with soup for a hearty meal.
Paleo Zucchini Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Serves2 mini loaves
- 2 cups almond meal or sunflower meal, for a tree nut-free version
- 1 cup pecan meal, or sunflower meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons water per “egg”)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons water and let sit, for the flaxseed “eggs.”
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the flax “eggs” mixture into a small bowl and combine with the applesauce and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients and then add the coconut oil.
- Lightly grease two mini loaf pans and spread the dough into each pan. It will rise much higher than the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS