Super simple brussel sprout side dish with all of the seasonal winter flavors! These flavorful and sweet sprouts are beautifully paired with coconut and walnuts.
Orange Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1-pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from navel orange
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts by cutting off the white part. Save any of the outer leaves to toss in the skillet. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- In a large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Toss in the Brussels sprouts so cut side is face down. Cover and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the orange juice, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili flakes (if using) in a small bowl.
- Pour the glaze into the skillet and stir the brussels around in the glaze.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, when the glaze starts to thicken. Toss in the chopped hazelnuts, coconut chips, and pomegranate and remove from heat.