Baobab is one of my favorite super foods- it had a wonderful zinging flavor, almost like sherbet! Not only does it taste great, it is high in vitamin C, antioxidants and offers immune support, aids digestion and offers a good hit of natural energy! This is a delicious, creamy dessert that is made entirely of natural whole foods so you can enjoy every mouthful! Allow some time to allow it to set fully, it will keep a couple of days in the fridge. This recipe makes one small cake but simply double for a larger size.
Orange, Fig and Baobab Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw]
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups of cashews soaked for 4 hours
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ teaspoon of orange zest
- 3 dried figs soaked in warm water to soften
- 1 teaspoon of baobab
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Process all ingredients until the mixture breaks down and comes together.
- Press the base into the bottom of your spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Blend all ingredients except for the coconut oil until smooth and creamy- you will need a high speed blender for this to get it really creamy. You can add a touch more almond milk if needed.
- Add the coconut oil and blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture out over the base and allow to set in the fridge for 4-5 hours.