At last. Finally you can eat your cake pie and have it too.This raw key lime pie is just as decadently rich as its original version. It has the right amount of sweetness and tanginess. It even has the irresistible melt-in-your-mouth texture. And the coconut-date pie crust! Forget graham crackers, butter and sugar: this healthy version is the ultimate winner.
Naturally Delicious Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dates, soaked overnight
- ¾ cup raw coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 and ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¾ cup meat of young coconut (that’s how much I got from one coconut, if you get less than that, use more avocado instead)
- ¼ cup raw agave (or another liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- Put the coconut flakes and drained dates into a food processor and process until compact.
- Press into the bottom of an 8 inch pie pan or a spring-form pan.
- Clean out the food processor (I just wiped it out with a paper towel) and put in the avocado, coconut meat, agave and lime juice.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Pour over crust and chill in the fridge or freezer. I like to freeze it because it is easier to cut into pieces and put onto plates (out of the fridge, the pie is quite soft). The frozen pieces soften up in a few minutes and are ready to serve.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.