This lovely green cheesecake is worthy if being the centerpiece at a party! The flavor of matcha is light, allowing you to experience all of the other flavors it has to offer.
Matcha Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds
- 8-9 big Medjool dates
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups cashews, soaked in water a minimum of an hour but preferably overnight
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or male syrup
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- Grease a cake pan with a removable base with coconut oil. Lining the sides with parchment, it helps with the cake removal but isn't necessary.
- With a food processor, blend the crust ingredients together into a dough, and then press it evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the soaked cashews and blend them with the rest of the ingredients for the cheese layer, until it forms a smooth paste.
- Pour this on top of the crust layer and smooth the top out.
- Add any garnishes if you desire. Freeze it for a minimum of 6 hours to let it set. To serve, either remove it from the freezer 1 hour prior to serving or cut with a hot knife.