Generally holidays call for letting down some of the restrictions we have in our diet, however, it’s not a bad idea to stay prepared throughout the festive season. With these absolutely delicious treats, you’ll be able to indulge a little and have a bit of a detox at the same time.
Holiday Detox Bliss Balls With Activated Charcoal [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup soft dates - pitted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil - melted
- 3 teaspoon activated charcoal
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Make sure your dates are pitted and place them into a high-speed food processor. Blend for a few seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the water) and blend until all begin to combine.
- Add the water to help get everything moving and stuck together. Scrape down the sides if need be, but a big ball should form.
- Spoon out a heaped tablespoon of mixture at a time and use your hands to FIRSTLY squeeze the ingredients together. This will help them bind a bit before rolling gently into balls.
- Place into the freezer overnight to set.
Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.