Now, we’ve all seen our fair share of sweet potato bake recipes. But while tradition is fantastic, why not enrich it by swapping out the sweet potato for some winter squash? It's packed with roasted delicata squash, tart cranberries, toasted Brussels sprouts leaves, and warm, cozy spices. You (and your family) will love it.
Delicata Squash Bake [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease the inside of a medium-sized baking dish.
- Wash the squash and dry it off before transferring it to a cutting board.
- Cut the squash in half, width-wise, and push out the seeds using the bottom of a fork or spoon. Slice the squash into 1/2-inch wide rounds and slice those rounds in half. Set aside.
- Place a single, flat layer of delicata squash at the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cranberries and spices.
- Create an additional layer on top and add the remainder of the squash, spices, and salt.
- Top the bake off with small spoonfuls of melted vegan butter.
- Bake the dish covered for 45-55 minutes or until the squash has reached your desired level of doneness. This should take around 45 minutes.
- Finish the dish with the pecans, vegan goat cheese, and toasted brussels sprouts leaves.