The raspberry chia jam filling in these dessert cups pairs perfectly with the sweet dark chocolate and slightly salty peanut butter. Plus, they're ready for indulging in 45 minutes! Who doesn't like that?
Chocolate Peanut Butter and Raspberry Chia Jam Cups [Vegan]
- 7 ounces vegan dark chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons smooth, natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- A pinch of salt
- 2 ounces raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Mash the raspberries with a fork, add a teaspoon of powdered sugar, a small squeeze of lemon juice, and the chia seeds to a bowl. Mix through and let stand for 30 minutes. Add a bit of water if the mixture is too thick.
- Melt half of the chocolate in a double boiler, making sure you don’t overheat. Place a tablespoon into a muffin case and push it up the sides with a small teaspoon or a pastry brush. Try to get the sides even. Place the pastry cases in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- To make the peanut butter filling, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, powdered sugar, and pinch of salt. The mixture should be slightly runny — add more coconut milk if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Take the chocolate shells out of the freezer and then fill each of them with a tablespoon of peanut butter and raspberry chia jam on top, spreading it nicely out. Melt the rest of the chocolate and spoon over so that the insides are covered. Place into the freezer for 15 minutes, transfer to the refrigerator until ready to serve.