Jazz up creamy pumpkin soup with crispy chickpeas, pomegranate seed, toasted pumpkin seeds, and artichokes! The breaded "parmesan" baked artichokes give this meal a little extra oomph, but the soup is just as delectable without them. The pomegranate seeds were a wonderfully sweet addition that are a definitely a necessity in this recipe.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup With Pumpkin Sour Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Soup:
- 1 32-ounce package of creamy pumpkin soup
- Crispy chickpeas (see below)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pumpkin cashew cream (see below)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Breaded "parmesan" baked artichokes (see below)
For the Crispy Chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala seasoning (see below)
- Olive oil
For the Tandoori Masala:
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
For the Pumpkin Sour Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in hot water for about an hour or in cold water overnight)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Breaded Artichokes:
- 4 artichokes
- 7 ounces gluten-free bread crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese (see below)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the Vegan Parmesan:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Bread and cook the artichokes.
- In a small bowl, add your drained and rinsed chickpeas and tandoori masala and drizzle with olive oil. Mix to combine, then pour onto a parchment paper line baking sheet. Bake in your preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they start to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, heat up the soup, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat.
- Make your cashew cream by combining the raw cashews, pumpkin, salt, and almond milk in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Toast your pumpkin seeds in a small sauce pan over medium heat, shaking often to prevent them from burning. You'll start to hear a popping sound, that's when you know they are done
- Pour the soup evenly into 2 bowls. Add the artichokes (if desired) or you could simply have those on the side. Top with chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, and cashew cream.