A creamy and rich, dairy-free dish packed with vegan, cheesy goodness! Add some veggies, meat replacers, or just enjoy this dish plain!
Cauliflower Sage Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower, steamed until tender
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 servings worth of your favorite gluten-free pasta
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce: Over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and sautée for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sautéed garlic, nutritional yeast, broth, coconut cream, and steamed cauliflower into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- In the same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter over medium heat. Add the chopped sage and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the saucepan and heat over medium heat, about 5-10 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked gluten-free pasta and serve.
To get coconut cream: Place a full-fat can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. When you open the can, the milk will have separated.