With sweet maple syrup, gingerbread spice, and carrot, this simple chia pudding is like dessert for breakfast!
Carrot Cake Chia Pudding [Vegan]
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract, or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of gingerbread spice or cinnamon
- 2 large pinches of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- Toppings of your choice: raisins, walnuts, hemp seeds, grated carrot, shredded coconut, lemon zest, apple, coconut cream
1. Combine non-dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, carrot, gingerbread spice, and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the non-dairy milk mixture with the chia seeds. Stir well and let them rest for a few minutes.
3. After three to four minutes, stir the mixture with a fork until everything is well combined. Place in the refrigerator.
4. After about 1 hour the chia seeds will have soaked up most of the liquid, turning the mixture into a creamy pudding.
5. Serve the carrot cake chia pudding with toppings of your choice.