No matter if you celebrate this festive season because of religion or the love of family and traditions, dosen’t matter. But don’t forget to make these!
Mint Kisses are an old swedish tradition and are only eaten around the winter holidays.
For this recipe you will need: (makes around 50 Mint Kisses)
- 1 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 ½ tbs of Liquid Glucose (30 g)
- 2/3 cup Water
- ½ tsp Spirit Vinegar, (12%)
- 10 drops Peppermint Oil
- 75 grams of Dark Chocolate
- Mix icing sugar, liquid glucose, water and spirit vinegar in a thick bottom saucepan. Cook for around 10 minutes til 115C / 240F. Use a thermometer (if you own one) to be 100% sure.
- Pour mix into an lightly oil-greased bowl and let cool 15 minutes. Add peppermint oil and work the mass until it turns white. By using a spoon click the batter on parchment paper in small 1inch circles. (If the mixture gets too hard just carefully re-heat it now and then in the microwave or in a water bath)
- Melt the chocolate and place a small ammount in the center of each circle using two teaspoons or a small piping bag.
Store your mint kisses in the fridge or pantry, in a sealed container (cookie jar) with parchment paper between the layers