The typical Scandinavian flavors of dill, lemon and seaweed caviar go very well with this vegan "salmon". Served with horseradish vegan mayonnaise, fresh boiled potatoes and a colorful cole slaw finishes off the Nordic touch.
"Salmon" Patties [Vegan]
- 2-2 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 3-4 chopped tomatoes
- finely grated peel and juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 12oz soy or other vegan “meat”
- Mix the grated carrot, chopped tomatoes, soy “meat”, lemon peel and juice, white vinegar, fresh dill, salt and oil.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish and bake at 300 F, until carrot softens, about 25min.
- Form patties and put a spoonful of black Cavi-art and a slice of lemon on top.
- Mix some grated horseradish with the mayonnaise.
- Serve the patties with the mayo mixture and boiled or baked potatoes.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of dill.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS