This awesome dessert is “uncooked”, flourless, gluten-free and wheat-free as well.
Pineapples are so perfect for the holidays. They’re delicious (I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t adore them), festive and also a digestive powerhouse. The discomfort we at times experience during holiday food gatherings is largely due to the unusual quantities and combinations of food our systems are struggling to digest. That’s why pineapples (and pineapple-based desserts) are so wonderful! They’re loaded with bromelain, a mixture of powerful digestive enzymes, which combined with amylase and lipase help break down starch and fats. Just what we need on days when we’re indulging a tad more than usual.
- 1 cup of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened goji berries
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups of ripe pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of young thai coconut meat
- 4 or 5 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Start with the crust. Place the walnuts, dates and shredded coconut in a food processor. Pulse until you get a nice fine texture. Place the mixture in a non-stick pan and start working it until it shapes into a nice dense crust. Place in the freezer or refrigerator while you move on to the filling.
- Place the pineapple chunks, coconut meat, dates and shredded coconut in a blender (or food processor) and blend until you obtain a smooth, creamy consistency. Pour the mixture on the crust, sprinkle a few coconut flakes on top and enjoy!