When the weather outside is nippy, try this raw cream of broccoli mushroom soup. It will warm your body and its' deliciousness will warm your heart.
Raw Cream of Broccoli Mushroom Soup [Vegan]
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of basil
- 1 avocado
- 1 1/2 cups water
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- To make this creamy and hearty, marinate and dehydrate the veggies and mushrooms just a bit before making the soup.
- Chop the broccoli and onions and add it, along with the sliced mushrooms, to a container. Whisk together the olive oil, agave, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and a touch of basil.
- Pour over the vegetables and shake or toss to coat.
- Let marinate for about a half hour. Then pour into solid dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for about another hour.
- To make the soup, set aside about a quarter of the marinated vegetables.
- Take the rest and put in the blender with the avocado and water.
- Puree until very smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and top with the reserved marinated vegetables and a bit of red pepper flakes.