These chips are extremely easy to make, but their exotic looking appearance would complement any kind of buffet. Best served with hummus but any other dip would certainly do too.
- 1 lotus root
- Vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil, 1-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Wash the lotus root and peel it with a paring knife, cut into thin circles.
- Place the lotus circles for a few minutes in a bowl with water and vinegar.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Drain the lotus circles, season with salt and bake them over high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread the chips on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place the tray in the preheated oven.
- Let the chips for about 20-25 minutes in the oven, or until lightly brown.
- Serve with any dip of your choice.