These chips are extremely easy to make, but their exotic looking appearance would complement any kind of buffet. Best served with hummus but any other dip would certainly do too.
Lotus Chips [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 lotus root
- Vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil, 1-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Wash the lotus root and peel it with a paring knife, cut into thin circles.
- Place the lotus circles for a few minutes in a bowl with water and vinegar.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Drain the lotus circles, season with salt and bake them over high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread the chips on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place the tray in the preheated oven.
- Let the chips for about 20-25 minutes in the oven, or until lightly brown.
- Serve with any dip of your choice.