Ever wanted to make your own chocolate chip cookie cake? If so you will love this recipe. This cake is super easy to make and a crowd pleaser. We made this cake gluten free, but can be made with any flours you prefer to bake with.
A think, dense cake that you will be coming back for seconds. Plus this recipe has a 3 ingredient coconut frosting!!!
Prep-time: 10 minutes; Bake-time: about 20 minutes. It makes one 8 or 9 inch circle cake (we did ours in a springform pan so easy to take out).
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or any flour blend of your liking gluten free or not)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or could do almond meal or more flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water (makes 2 flax gels)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup (or even honey would be fine)
- 1/4 cup sucanat sugar (or coconut sugar or xylitol)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or applesauce, yogurt, sweet potato puree)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- First make your flax gel before getting other ingredients. Place your 2 tablespoons flax meal into a bowl along with 6 tablespoons water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees.
- While the flax gel is in the works grab another bowl to place all your other wet ingredients into, from you agave, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree. Stir till combined.
- Next add in your flax gel and stir.
- And then add in your gluten free flour, coconut flour and baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir till combined.
- It is a really thick cookie dough cake batter.
- Bake in a 8 or 9 inch circle pan in a 350 degree oven for about 20 mins.
3 ingredient coconut frosting:
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- about 1/4 warm coconut butter
Scoop out some coconut butter into a bowl and soften in the microwave. Then mix in agave and coconut milk to taste and texture. So have fun with it! May use any frosting of your liking on this cookie cake.
For more pictures, please check out our blog.