It really does take only 5 minutes to make the bonbons. So keep a jar of precooked chestnuts just in case... You can substitute carob with cacao.
Chestnut Bonbons [Vegan]
Serves8 - 10 bonbons
- 100 g cooked chestnuts
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- A pinch of cardamon (optional)
- Zest of 1 orange + some extra for decoration
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat.
- Mix all the ingredients and blend them using a blender or a food processor.
- Form the bonbons by rolling a piece of the dough on a flat surface.
- Top with some orange zest.
- Refrigerate before serving for at least one hour.