Baked oatmeal is lovely when served warm from the oven with a little almond milk (and maybe a drizzle of syrup), but its real beauty comes the next day. Once the oatmeal is cold, it firms up completely, holding its shape, and can be sliced into squares or bars. Wrap them up and add to lunch bags for a snack, or use them for a grab and go breakfast... Quick. Nutritious. Delicious.
Baked Oatmeal With Apricot
This Recipe is :
- 1 ½ cups Dried Apricots, chopped
- 1 cup Water, hot
- 3 cups Rolled Oats (not quick or instant)
- 4 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 6 tbsp Agave Nectar (or Maple Syrup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare an 8-inch baking pan.
- Soak chopped apricots in the hot water for 10 minutes (do not drain).
- Stir together the rolled oats, flaxseed, baking powder, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the milk and agave nectar into the apricots and water. Add to the oatmeal mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon oatmeal into baking pan and smooth surface.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until the center feels set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving, or cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.