This is a traditional minestrone soup with a seasonal twist. Spring pea and zucchini offer a fresher flavor to this soup. Although it's a light meal, it will satisfy all the family. This recipe calls for small strands of broken spaghetti in this dish because you likely have a box on hand, but feel free to experiment with other small pasta varieties! Keep this soup chunky and serve it with wedges of crusty bread.
15-Minute Zucchini, Pea, and Watercress Minestrone [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 15-Minute Zucchini, Pea, and Watercress Minestrone [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3.5 ounces asparagus tips
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups hot vegetable stock
- 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 ounce dried spaghetti (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 3 tablespoons frozen peas
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
How to Prepare 15-Minute Zucchini, Pea, and Watercress Minestrone [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and asparagus tips. Allow to cook for 2 minutes, then add the eggplant and celery to the pan along with the vegetable stock.
- Tip in the tomatoes and mixed herbs, and increase the heat to high. Break the spaghetti into small pieces and add to the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the watercress and peas, cooking for a further minute. Scatter over the parsley as you remove the pan from the heat. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 106 | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 316 mg | Sugar: 7 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.