This fresh zoodle pasta with sweet corn-cilantro pesto is light and fresh and the perfect way to take advantage of the season’s vegetables. It makes a quick and easy meal for a busy weeknight dinner as it’s ready and on the table in just 20 minutes!
Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn Cilantro Pesto [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn Cilantro Pesto [Vegan]
For the Zoodles:
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
For the Sweet Corn Cilantro Pesto:
- 1 1/4 cups corn kernels set aside 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds, preferably soaked for 6-8 hours and strained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 organic lemon juice and zest
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons omega oil or cold-pressed olive oil
How to Prepare Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn Cilantro Pesto [Vegan]
- Spiralize zucchini first and set aside. Do not salt, which will cause "the pasta" to become wet. Slice noodles once if they resulted in long strands.
- Process all ingredients except oil and ¼ cup of corn in a food processor until well combined and chunky. With the machine running, add oil. Stir in the remaining cup of corn. Taste and season with more salt, cayenne, and pepper if desired.
- You can either coat the noodles with the pesto or serve the pesto on top of the pile of noodles. We prefer it well mixed, so everything gets coated.
- Serve immediately.
Fresh corn tends to contain more starch and be less sweet than frozen corn. If using fresh corn, rinse kernels well under running water to remove any excess starchy liquid, and add a touch of agave to balance out the recipe.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.