This yummy vegan banana bread recipe is light, moist, and so easy to make. It’s the perfect way to turn those overripe bananas on your countertop into a celebration. There is nothing quite like the smell of a freshly baked cake coming out of the oven. It's one of life's simple pleasures.
Your Go-To Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 8.8 ounces White flour self-raising
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt
- 10.6 ounces Banana ripe
- 6.75 ounces Plant milk
- 1 tablespoon Cider vinegar
- 4 ounces Coconut sugar
- 4 ounces Coconut oil
- 3.5 ounces Banana (optional topping)
- 1.75 ounces Walnuts (optional topping)
- 2 pinch Cinnamon powder (optional topping)
- Assemble & weigh all the ingredients.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Line baking tin with parchment paper or just brush with oil
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peeled bananas to a mixing bowl, mash with a fork.
- Add the plant milk, coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar mashed banana, and mix until smooth with a whisk or fork.
- Next, add the melted (cool) coconut oil - stir in until it's all incorporated.
- Gently fold the wet mix into the dry mix until nice and smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated. Be gentle here - do not knock the air out.
- Pour mix into a baking tin. Add more peeled banana and press down until covered with the mix.
- Bake the banana bread, uncovered, for 45 - 55 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top. The top of the loaf should slowly spring back when touched.
- To test if banana bread is fully cooked, insert the tip of a clean knife into the center. Pull out slowly and if the knife comes out clean - the banana bread is cooked.
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then, turn the loaf out and gently remove it from the pan, placing it directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Slice and serve!