Yogi Date Balls are naturally sweetened with dates and full of delicious and nutritious seeds and nuts. They're also packed with protein and fiber that will fuel your practice. The best part is you can make them in less than ten minutes with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! Yogi Date Balls are raw; there is no baking required and the nutrients in the ingredients will stay intact.
Yogi Date Balls [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup extra coconut flakes for coating
- Place dates and warm water in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the creamed dates into a bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the extra coconut flakes, until mixed. If the mixture is soggy then slowly add more oats; alternatively, if the mixture is too dry slowly add warm water.
- Shape balls between 3 to 4 centimeters in diameter, roll them in coconut and place on a tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes to set and enjoy straight out of the freezer for a quick energy boost.