This salad is highly adjustable. The base is made from quinoa, but you could also use bulgur or brown rice. As a staple green You can add any edible greens that you find in your garden or local area.
Wild Green Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons of chopped sun dried tomato
- 1 red paprika
- 2 handfuls of mixed ground elder, dandelion, and ramsons
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- a handful of parsley
- a splash of extra virgin olive oil (or other)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sesame seeds, reddish micro greens, and pea shoots
- Cook the quinoa. Bring to boil 2 cups of water, add the quinoa and let it cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes until all water is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, mix all greens and sun dried tomatoes. Chop the tomato and paprika and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and seasoning.
- Finally, I topped my salad with some sesame seeds and pea shoots. Serve the salads alone or with toasted bread.