If you love homemade replicas of classic desserts or simply crave a vegan cookie that will become a staple in your home... these vegan whole wheat Thin Mints are it!
Whole Wheat Thin Mints [Vegan]
To Make the Cookies:
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
To Make the Coating:
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda until combined.
- Add coconut oil, milk, vanilla, and mint extract. Pulse a few more times until the mixture comes together. If it's still more of a dust, you can add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer the dough onto a surface and with your hands knead the dough until it comes together and all the flour is incorporated. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll the dough into a large cylinder-like shape.
- Make Thin slices and press into the pan. You want the cookies to be on the thin flat side as they will slightly rise but not spread a lot and they'll be coated with chocolate making them thicker. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Coating: Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute, stirring every 10 seconds until fully melted.
- Stir in the mint extract. Dip completely cooled cookies into the chocolate with a toothpick or cocktail pin and let the excess drip off.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate coating sets. Store in the refrigerator until serving.