This recipe for a pistachio skillet cookie is classy, flashy, and produces dangerously delicious results. This cookie has an elegant pistachio base that is accented by chunks of white chocolate, creamy vegan ice cream, and a tart cherry compote to tie the whole thing together.
White Chocolate Pistachio Skillet Cookie [Vegan]
For the Cookie:
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan egg replacer mixed with 1/2 almond milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons natural green food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 pistachios
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch or arrowroot
- Vegan ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a skillet with coconut oil. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until they're light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the vegan egg combine with almond milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat this until it's combined.
- Add the food coloring.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix this until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every now and again.
- Add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to loosen the texture if needed.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Put the batter in the skillet and bake it for 20-25 minutes. The cookie should be soft in the middle and slightly pulling away from the sides.
- For the cherry topping, combine the cherry juice with corn starch or arrow root and mix until it's smooth.
- Cook this over medium heat, continuously stirring, until it thickens. This should take 5-7 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and top it with cherry sauce and crushed pistachios.