These white chocolate caramel crackles are easy to make and they're a healthier way to satisfy your craving for something sweet. They're raw, refined sugar-free, and they're gluten-free, too! Puffed brown rice is enveloped in a thick date caramel and then coated with rice white chocolate made from cacao and coconut butter. These little treats are the perfect gift for anyone.
White Chocolate Caramel Crackle [Vegan]
For the White Chocolate:
- 1/4 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup soft dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup dried strawberries (optional)
- Place all the filling ingredients, except for the puffed rice and strawberries, into a food processor and blend until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick, add a little bit of liquid (water or non-dairy milk). With a spoon, mix in puffed rice and strawberries.
- Press the filling firmly in the plastic wrap lined pan or silicone moulds and pop them in the freezer.
- Melt the raw cacao butter and coconut butter in a double boiler. Add maple syrup and taste. Add more maple syrup if you like the chocolate to be sweeter. Set aside.
- Once the filling if firm enough, remove from the freezer and cut into little pieces, if needed.
- Dip the pieces in the white chocolate mixture, covering the pieces entirely. Repeat with the remaining pieces and put back in the freezer to set.
- Decorate the white chocolate caramel crackle with extra dried strawberries and some dried rose petals, if you have some. Store in the refrigerator or in the freezer.