This White Chocolate Babka is what every yeast cake lovers dreams are made off! It’s not only completely vegan but super fluffy and moist with a delicious almond white chocolate filling.
White Chocolate Babka [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for White Chocolate Babka [Vegan]
For the Dough:
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup soy milk
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
For the Filling:
- 1 cup white vanilla chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- Soy milk (for brushing)
How to Prepare White Chocolate Babka [Vegan]
- Heat the soy milk until warm to the touch and pour into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon out of the 1/4 cup sugar, as well as the instant yeast and gently stir until combined. Set aside for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Combine the vegan butter and the baking powder and let rest for 3 minutes until foamy.
- Place 3 cups of the flour and remaining sugar in a large bowl and whisk together. Add in the yeast and the butter mixture and combine with a wooden spoon, then use your hands to knead for 5-8 minutes. You want the dough to be moist but not too sticky. Add in the remaining 1/4 cup flour as needed.
- Grease a clean bowl with oil and place the dough ball inside. Cover with a towel and let rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place it on a floured surface and roll it out to a 12-x16-inch rectangle. Spread out the chocolate on top leaving a 0.8 inch (2cm) border around all sides and sprinkle the almonds on it.
- Starting from one side, roll up the dough tightly until you have a long log. Use a sharp knife to cut it lengthways, then lift one half over the other and repeat this step until it has formed a twist. Gently lift into a loaf tin covered with parchment paper and let rest for another 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the babka with soy milk and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool down for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.