These crepes are an easy breakfast! These White Chocolate and Berry Crepes are made from only 4 ingredients and are cegan, high in protein and gluten-Free.
White Chocolate and Berry Crepes [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat flour (or any flour of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Protein Powder
- 1 cup Almond Milk (you may need more depending on the batter)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil + extra for frying
- Toppings: vegan yoghurt, white chocolate, berries etc
- Mix the flour and protein powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and very gradually start adding in milk (1/4 cup at a time) whisking the whole time. Whisk well after each addition to ensure that there are no lumps in the batter. Initially the batter will look thick and gloopy, but it will start looking like a crêpe batter with every milk addition.
- Whisk in the coconut oil , and adjust the amount of milk to ensure the batter is the right consistency – it should be runny, but should coat the back of the spoon.
- Heat up a medium non-stick pan on a medium heat. Brush the pan with a small amount of oil to make sure that the pancakes do not stick. Take the pan into your hand (off the stove) and pour a thin layer of batter into the pan and swivel it well to form a thin, round crêpe. Put the pan back on the stove and cook until the crêpe no longer sticks to the pan and can be flipped to the other side. Once flipped, cook the crêpe on the other side for another minute or so.
- Put cooked crepes in a stack so that they do not dry out and become brittle.
- Once ready to serve, serve with the toppings.