Have you been thinking of giving the raw food lifestyle a try, but are you afraid that it will be too cooling for your body during these colder winter months? It is perfectly possible to combine healthy cooked foods such as steamed broccoli, oven-baked sweet potato or cooked quinoa with salads, smoothies and plenty of fresh fruit. You can even enjoy a nice bowl of raw vegan soup, like this Warming Carrot Ginger Soup. Thanks to the combination of ginger, cayenne pepper and fresh herbs, it will boost your fat-burning metabolism, stimulate your body’s detoxification system and improve your circulation!
Warming Carrot Ginger Soup [Vegan, Raw]
- 3 cups of fresh carrot juice
- 1-2 small soft dates, pitted and roughly chopped (optional, only if your carrot juice isn’t sweet enough to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan Crystal salt or sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of cilantro, packed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of parsley, packed and roughly chopped
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, to taste
- Green onion or chives, finely chopped & to taste
- Combine fresh carrot juice, dates, ginger, cayenne pepper and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado and blend again.
- Finally, add the fresh cilantro and parsley. Blend for 5 to 10 seconds until the herbs are finely chopped but still recognizable. You don’t want a brown carrot soup, right?
- Garnish with fresh herbs and green onion or chives to taste.
This Warming Carrot Ginger Soup will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will lose some of its nutrients, so it’s best served fresh.