This Warming “Carrot Cake” Porridge is such a wonderful autumnal breakfast. The flavors are so cozy and will help you start your day off right! The protein powder is optional, but it will give your porridge a great texture and help you get in a little extra protein during your day.
Warming “Carrot Cake” Porridge [Vegan]
- 3.5 ounces Oats
- 5.3 ounces plant milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 ounce vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/2 grated apple
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- light sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1. Place the oats, milk, mashed banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated carrot and apple to a pan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Then, add the maple syrup protein powder in towards the end (around 3 minutes in) and feel free to add a dash of extra milk or water if it gets too thick.
- Pour your porridge into a bowl and add your desired toppings.
- Let it cool for around 1-2 minutes before digging in!