Beluga lentils are packed full of nutrients. For one, they are rich in anthocyanins, a potent and powerful antioxidant. Anthocyanins offer protection from diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Lentils also have plenty of minerals, protein, and nine grams of dietary fiber in just ¼ cup! These guys will keep you feeling full for a long time.
Warm Root and Lentil Salad With Turmeric Mustard Dressing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Warm Root and Lentil Salad With Turmeric Mustard Dressing [Vegan]
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large turnip
- 1 beetroot
- 1 golden beet
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 5-6 small fingerling potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups beluga lentils
- herbs of your choice- I used parsley and chives
- 2 inch knob of turmeric
- juice of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder or 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
How to Prepare Warm Root and Lentil Salad With Turmeric Mustard Dressing [Vegan]
- Peel all of the root veggies. Use a mandoline to slice each veggie very thin.
- Once you have thing rounds of veggies, use a knife to cut into thing strips (see picture)
- Place all root veggies in a bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons olive and rosemary leaves and add to bowl along with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 370F/190C. Add veggies and garlic on baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast for 25-30 min, or until veggies are cooked but still a bit crunchy. Let cool.
- Peel garlic and chop into small pieces.
- While veggies are roasting, add lentils to 4 cups water and boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 min, or until lentils are cooked through (do not overcook!) Drain lentils and let cool slightly.
- Chop herbs, garlic, and add to large bowl along with the lentils and root veggies.
- To make the dressing: peel turmeric and grate finely. Combine all ingredients and beat with fork until smooth.
- Add dressing to salad and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.