This salad is one of my favorites for its simplicity and flavor. Eating the quinoa freshly warm makes it a super-satisfying meal. FODMAP fact: While almonds are often perceived to be high-FODMAP, it depends on their serving size. You can enjoy ½ ounce (12 g) of almonds without issue, but avoid overconsuming them, as this could result in a high-FODMAP serving.
Warm Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (85 g) white quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups (60 g) chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (75 g) diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) soy maple dressing
- 1/4 cup (24 g) toasted almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) dried.Cranberries
- Place the water in a medium saucepan over high heat and add the salt and quinoa.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a medium serving bowl.
- Add the spinach and cucumber to the bowl, drizzle with the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Top with the toasted almond slivers and dried cranberries.