These noodles are surprisingly simple to make and will become a go-to meal in your weekly lineup. The sweet potato noodles are coated in a cream, well-spiced almond butter sauce and finished with some lemon-infused kale.
Vietnamese Sweet Potato Rice Noodles With Kale [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Vietnamese Sweet Potato Rice Noodles With Kale [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar or sugar
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon raw garlic sauce or 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 head kale
- 1 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 13 ounces (about 6 cups) sweet potato noodles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
How to Prepare Vietnamese Sweet Potato Rice Noodles With Kale [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine all of the ingredients up to and including the garlic into a blender and blend on low until they're completely smooth and well mixed.
- For cooking the rice noodles you can follow the directions on the back of the package.
- In a food process, finely chop the kale, removing the steam first. The center stalk should remain without the good greens you want for the salad.
- Let the chopped kale soak in the juice of the lemon.
- When you're ready to use it, toss the kale in sea salt.
- Then, add the kale to the noodles and drizzle the sauce over the top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.