These noodles are surprisingly simple to make and will become a go-to meal in your weekly lineup. The sweet potato noodles are coated in a cream, well-spiced almond butter sauce and finished with some lemon-infused kale.
Vietnamese Sweet Potato Rice Noodles With Kale [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar or sugar
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon raw garlic sauce or 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 head kale
- 1 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 13 ounces (about 6 cups) sweet potato noodles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine all of the ingredients up to and including the garlic into a blender and blend on low until they're completely smooth and well mixed.
- For cooking the rice noodles you can follow the directions on the back of the package.
- In a food process, finely chop the kale, removing the steam first. The center stalk should remain without the good greens you want for the salad.
- Let the chopped kale soak in the juice of the lemon.
- When you're ready to use it, toss the kale in sea salt.
- Then, add the kale to the noodles and drizzle the sauce over the top.