Risoni is something different to try if you get tired of pasta and rice. Add some vegetables of your choice and enjoy this delicious, hearty meal. You could add zucchini or sweet potato, pumpkin or any other vegetable you like to this – use whatever you have in the fridge. This is a simple, tasty, filling meal that you could also have as a side dish.
Vegetable Risoni [Vegan]
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup risoni
- 1/2 cup yellow split peas
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 head of broccoli (broken into florets)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Fry your onion in a little olive oil, add the rest of the ingredients and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock – bring to the boil for a minute or two and then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the risoni is cooked (about 15-20 minutes).
- If it looks too thick you can just add a little water and stir to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh parsley.