My dad makes this incredible stuffing for the holidays, he always says: “Even the ‘no-stuffing eaters’ will fall in love with it” … And they do!
Wild Rice, Cranberry, and Pine Nut Stuffing [Vegan]
- 5 cups cubed and dried vegan bread (use gluten free vegan bread for a GF option)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, plus more, as needed
- 1 white onions chopped fine
- 3 celery stalks cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 t. dried sage
- 1 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (instructions below)
- 1/2 cup shelled pine nuts
- 2 shots vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 tsp. vegan butter (divided)
- 1/2 C. dried Cranberries
- Boil wild rice with water according to package directions until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Saute onions, mushrooms, celery and seasonings in the vegan butter.
- Saute pine nuts separately in the vegan butter until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot adding vegetable broth as you stir it in. Test for consistency and add more vegetable stock if too dry.
- Fluff with a large fork.
- Bake on low heat for (about 200 degrees) for half an hour or until golden.