My dad makes this incredible stuffing for the holidays, he always says: “Even the ‘no-stuffing eaters’ will fall in love with it” … And they do!
Wild Rice, Cranberry, and Pine Nut Stuffing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Wild Rice, Cranberry, and Pine Nut Stuffing [Vegan]
- 5 cups cubed and dried vegan bread (use gluten free vegan bread for a GF option)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, plus more, as needed
- 1 white onions chopped fine
- 3 celery stalks cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 t. dried sage
- 1 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (instructions below)
- 1/2 cup shelled pine nuts
- 2 shots vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 tsp. vegan butter (divided)
- 1/2 C. dried Cranberries
How to Prepare Wild Rice, Cranberry, and Pine Nut Stuffing [Vegan]
- Boil wild rice with water according to package directions until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Saute onions, mushrooms, celery and seasonings in the vegan butter.
- Saute pine nuts separately in the vegan butter until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot adding vegetable broth as you stir it in. Test for consistency and add more vegetable stock if too dry.
- Fluff with a large fork.
- Bake on low heat for (about 200 degrees) for half an hour or until golden.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.