These Mexican Wedding Cakes make the perfect dessert and treat! This recipe has simple ingredients that come together quickly and easily!
Vegan Polvorones (Mexican Wedding Cookies) [Vegan]
- 2 cups Whole Raw Almonds
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt (if your vegan butter contains salt skip adding additional salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Lb. Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In your food processor pulse almonds until they are the texture of coarse cornmeal.
- Mix the almonds, flour, salt and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Cream your butter and sugar until light and creamy. About 3 minutes; beat in the vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to the butter, beat at low speed until the dough begins to come together.
- Roll the dough unto 1 inch balls, place in ungreased cookie sheets, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Roll them in the powder sugar and return to cooling rack. Allow them to continue cooling for 15 minutes, roll again in powder sugar for a thicker coating. Let them cool completely an enjoy!