These vegan sandwiches were inspired by my favorite childhood snack! Instead of being bogged down with unnecessary ingredients, these vegan alternatives feature all-natural components for a healthy yet delicious treat. From midnight cravings to hot summer days, these cream sandwiches are the perfect dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Cream Sandwiches [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup soft vegetable margarine
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup soy milk
For the Cream Filling:
- 1 1/4 cups soy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream stabilizer
- 6 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
To Make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix together all of the ingredients for the cookies into a smooth batter.
- Spread the batter with a spatula to a 1/8 inch (3 mm) thickness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a hot oven for approx. 8 minutes, and then let cool for about 15 minutes.
- After cooled, cut the large chocolate rectangle in half.
- Spread the cream filling evenly on one of the halves, place the other half on top, and then use a sharp knife to cut into about 10 rectangles that are about the same size.
To Make the Cream Filling:
- Beat the soy whipping cream with cream stabilizer until stiff while slowly adding the sugar.
- Add in the lemon juice and stir.