If you’re anything like me, you believe that burritos can (and should) be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Throw anything in a wrap, and I’m there. So burrito lovers, you’re in luck. This cajun breakfast burrito is the bomb, and will have you saying phrases such as “the bomb,” apparently.
Cajun Breakfast Burrito [Vegan]
- 1/4 block tofu
- 1/3 can black beans
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- Paprika, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Corn salsa (or salsa of your choice)
- 1 vegan wrap of your choice (I opted for a habanero lime tortilla – gives an extra blast of flavor!)
- Hot sauce of your choice, optional
- Prep your tortilla by adding a spoonful of corn salsa to your tortilla, followed by avocado slices, and hot sauce if you are into heat. Easy, right? Pretty much all ready for what’s to come.
- Start by dicing up veggies, crumbling your tofu, and measuring our your black beans.
- Toss this onto an oil-sprayed skillet or pan, whichever your preference. Add your seasonings. I never measure out exactly what I add… I pretty much eye it. If you are not great at this, start with a dash and taste-test along the way. I promise, you will find your groove!
- Cook your veggies over med heat, until onion becomes translucent and the rest have a bit of char to them.
- Once your veggies are cooked, add them to your burrito. One step closer to consuming heaven.
- Roll it up!
- Once rolled, I place the burrito back on my sprayed skillet, and press it with a cast iron grill press. If you do not have one, no worries, most people don’t. Simply put a little pressure on the burrito, flip, and do the same to the other side. This helps to seal the burrito – just be careful not to burn it!
- Cut it, or eat it whole. Flavor like whoa.