Now that the Instagram world is raving about the trend of pastel-colored foods, it seems imperative to create a little tutorial about how to make healthy unicorn toasts. Eating rainbow colored foods became a way to consume more superfoods in our dishes! The recipe for these unicorn toast is perfect for putting on the table a healthy and nutritious snack that no one can say no! And if you do it with children, it also becomes a fun way to get together and propose a creative activity to your little ones!
Unicorn Toasts [Vegan]
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons date concentrate
- 1/5 cup dairy free yogurt (Cherry flavor)
- 1/5 cup dairy free yogurt (Banana or Mango flavor)
- 2/5 dairy free yogurt
- 1 passion fruit
- 1/4 of banana
- 1 pinch turmeric to add to banana or mango yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon beet powder to add to cherry yogurt
- 1 pinch blue spirulina to be added in half of the plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon green matcha powder to add to half of the plain yogurt
- Cut the banana in coins and, with a cookie cutter, cut out the shape you prefer.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread in a non-stick pan for about a minute.
- Spread a light layer of coconut butter and honey on the toast.
- With a teaspoon, create stripes of color with the different flavors of yogurt.
- Decorate your unicorn toasts with passion fruit, carved banana coins, and enjoy!