No bake energy bites that taste like cookies? I’ll take a million, please. My version of these healthy little morsels is packed full of nutritional goodies – like raw pecans, nut butter, cocoa powder, dates, maple syrup and quinoa crisps. They’re the perfect thing to carry with you on the go, keep in your office or to just have on hand when that cookie craving hits.
Turtle Cookie Energy Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (about 10)
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water (only if needed)
- 1 cup quinoa crisps
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the dates and pecans. Process until they resemble a coarse sand.
- Add nut butter, syrup, oil and cocoa powder and process until a dough forms. If the dough does not come together, add some water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Pulse in the quinoa crisps and chocolate chips.
- Form 1" balls with your hands and place on a parchment lined plate. Freeze for at least 30 minutes and then enjoy.
- Keep in a covered container in the freezer for best results, but they will also keep in the fridge.