Breakfast just got a huge upgrade with this chickpea flour omelette. It may take you a few tries to cook the omelette just right, but it is SO worth it. It tastes egg-y and satisfying without any of the cholesterol and you can put countless toppings on this and just make it a huge omelette party. More people should have those. You should be the first to have one. Get ready to see the magic that is chickpea flour.
Chickpea Flour Omelet With Turmeric Mushrooms [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Omelet:
- 5 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kala namak salt or regular salt (see notes)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil (or other oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon apple juice (or some lemon juice)
- 5 tablespoons non-dairy milk
For the Chickpea Flour:
- 5 tablespoons (preferably chilled) aquafaba
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon groud flax seeds plus 3 tablespoons water)
For the Filling:
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (or another oil of your choice)
- 2/3 cup mushrooms, cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt, pepper, and chili to taste
- A slice of avocado, cut into thin slices
For the Toppings:
- Avocado, cut into small cubes
- Lamb's lettuce
- Black sesame seeds
- Fresh basil
- Dressing of choice
For the Rest:
- Some oil for frying
- For the vegan omelet chickpea flour, baking soda, kala namak salt, olive oil, apple celery, spices (1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, pepper, and chili powder) in a bowl and stir.
- For the omelet batter, pour the aquafaba into a clean container and strike with an electric hand mixer for one minute or until a foam has formed. Add the curry cornmeal flour and beat for a few minutes until a kind of fluffy egg yolk is produced. Adjust spice to your liking.
- Add the chickpea powder to the remaining ingredients, do not mix. The mass should still remain frothy (?). Heat a little oil in a well-coated pan. Place the dough in the pan and immediately spread with a spatula evenly.
- Cook the chickpea omelet for about 10 minutes at low heat. At regular intervals, carefully spread the dough on the surface with the spatula.
- In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms in coconut oil, and spices (1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, pepper, and chili) for a few minutes and set aside. The omelet is ready when it is golden brown, no longer too soft, and the surface is no longer moist. Remove the pan from the oven and let the omelet stand for 1 to 2 minutes in the pan.
- Then place on a plate, spread the sautéed mushrooms, avocado slices, and field salad and gently fold the omelet.
- Serve with a dressing of choice, avocado, black sesame seeds, fresh basil, and serve immediately.
Kala Namak salt give the omelettes an egg-like taste due to its sulfur content. --Not every chickpeas water can be well try opening, here goes on to study. Most brands / varieties can be good impact. It is not necessary to add the chickpeas water cooling, the opening but easier.-- NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS. Instead of aquafaba, you can use non-dairy milk. This entire recipe is similar to a pancake batter so this would work too.
- Chickpea Flour