I kept this smoothie simple: I added some organic fruit, a healthy fat (coconut oil), a natural sweeter (medjool dates), and a few common superfoods like maca powder, lucuma powder, and chia seeds.
Tropical Raspberry Kiwi Smoothie [Vegan]
1 - 2
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 2 scoops protein powder of choice
- 1 cup organic raspberries
- 1 organic kiwi
- 2 Large organic medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic lucuma powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic chia seeds
- Put all ingredients (except the optional chia seeds) into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Optional: garnish with extra raspberries and chia seeds.
You could use fresh or frozen raspberries…I used frozen but if you used fresh, you may want to add a couple of ice cubes.