Bread is quick and easy like a blank canvas. You can throw in whatever you like, chocolate, fruit, nuts, and cater to your tastebuds and the season. You just can’t go wrong. What’s fab about this bread, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, fun, looks like a zebra, packs a secret ingredient that boosts the chocolate flavor (coffee), perfect for any season, perfect for a quick and easy dessert, has rich chocolate ganache, moist but cooked all the way through, and is a chocolate lovers dream!
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread [Vegan]
For the Bread:
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee grains
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
For the Topping:
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. combine mashed bananas (make sure to remove nearly all clumps), almond milk (room temp), coconut sugar, or maple syrup. If the oil begins to solidify due to the cold almond milk, simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and combine just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour both the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the powder sugar and almond milk to create the white icing. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute, removing and combining every 15 seconds until fully melted. Pour the chocolate ganache over the top.
- While still wet drizzle the white icing in rows. Run a skewer, knife, or chopstick down the middle gliding just on the top to create the fun lines. Allow to set, slice, and enjoy!