This hearty tomato stew soup is loaded with veggies and extremely nutritious; moreover, it is simple to prepare and easy to digest. It is unbelievable how delicious this dish tastes. If you love tomatoes and comfort food, this recipe is definitely for you.
Tomato and Potato Stew [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Soup:
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 medium-sized yellow potatoes, diced
- 5 medium-size carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup buckwheat groats
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- A handful of fresh coriander
- Sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
- In a larger pan add potatoes, carrots, and celery. Pour in the water and bring it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add the buckwheat and olive oil, season with salt, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- When the potatoes and carrots start to soften, add the crushed tomatoes, season with black pepper, lower the heat, and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the buckwheat and the veggies are softened.
- Serve it with fresh coriander (it goes very well with the tomatoes), sunflower seeds and/or a tablespoon of olive oil.