These Tofu Puffs with Asian Inspired Vegan Mushroom Sauce are a scrumptious main ideal to both treat and nourish yourself. Easy to make and super tasty this dish can be served with a spread of other Asian small dishes for a buffet like meal, or accompanied with noodles or steamed rice for a filling, main course that is also perfect for weekend or mid-week meal prep.
Tofu Puffs with Asian Vegan Mushroom Sauce [Vegan]
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Mushroom Sauce (Vegan Oyster Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
For the Stir Fry:
- 8.8 ounces Tofu Puffs
- 1 Tin Mushrooms
- 3.5 ounces Green Beans
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Sauté the garlic, the ginger and the chili flakes with the sesame oil.
- Add the carrots (sliced), stir fry for 2-4 minutes, then add the green beans (chopped in half), cook for another 3-4 minutes, and last the tinned mushrooms. Stir fry for another 5 minutes then transfer to a bowl.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients to make the sauce except for the corn starch. Dissolve the corn starch with some water in a separate bowl.
- Add the liquids to the pan, heat it for a couple of minutes then stir in the corn starch mixture. Cook out the sauce until it thickens.
- Add stir-fried veggies to the sauce and finally the tofu puffs.
- Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve straight away over some noodles or rice, topped with freshly chopped spring onions and chili.