This quick breakfast is perfect for any time of day — because breakfast is good at any time of day. These “huevos racheros” are a take on the rural Mexican dish. They’re blended with spices and a few other things to give them the flavor and texture of a real scrambled egg. It is incredibly easy, all you have to do it throw everything in a blender and then pour into a pan and cook. They’re served on top of a crispy, crunchy tostada, which makes it portable, crunchable, and delectable
Tofu Huevos Rancheros Tostadas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Scrambled Huevos:
- 1 15-ounce block of extra firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the Tostadas:
- 6-8 corn tortillas, gluten-free of needed
- Oil of choice for frying
- 1 13.5-ounce can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Salsa of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, add all the "huevos” ingredients, and blend on high until creamy and smooth. This will take a few minutes.
- Once the huevos mixture is ready, heat a small non-stick pan, sprayed with non-stick spray, scoop about 1/3 of a cup of the mixture into the pan, and smooth out evenly. Let cook for a few minutes on one side, and then flip over, and you can break it up a bit to look like scrambled eggs. Move around the pan and cook on each side. Once all of it has browned a bit and it looks cooked through, remove from the pan and repeat as many times as you want until you have as much as you need.
- Heat about half an inch of oil in a pan on medium-high heat, and once the oil is hot, add your corn tortillas, one or two at a time, cook for a minute or each side. Until brown and crispy. Repeat until you have all your tortillas done.
- Smash the black beans down a bit with some salt and pepper, using a fork, warm them in a saucepan for a few minutes.
- Put together the tostadas. Lay a crispy tortilla down, then the smashed black beans, then the "huevos," then avocado mixed with lime juice, salsa, and cilantro. Squeeze a little more lime juice on top and you are ready to go.
- Beans - All
- Beans - Black
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile